The Legal Information presented here, was last updated on: 25 MAY 2022
About our procedures
Terms & Conditions
I. Scope of application
- The terms and conditions laid out in the present document shall apply to the relationship between the visitor (hereinafter designated as “Client”) and Shantivillas from the moment the reservation is requested until the period of accommodation terminates.
- With regards to any matter not dealt with in these Terms and Conditions, the existing Portuguese legislation shall apply.
II. Reservations cancellation policy
- More than 60 days loss of deposit 25%;
- Between 60 – 30 days 50% of total holiday cost;
- Between 30 days until holiday 75% holiday cost;
- During holiday 100% of total holiday cost.
- If the request for cancellation of the Reservation is made until 1 month before the entrance- we will give 100% of the amount paid.
- If the request for cancellation of the Reservation is made until 2 weeks before the entrance- we will keep with 50% of the amount.
- If the request for cancellation of the Reservation is made until 1 week before the entrance- we will keep 75% of the amount.
- If the request for cancellation of the Reservation is made 2 days before the arrival day we will keep 100% of the booking.
III. Arrival and departure
- Shantivillas shall provide the Client with a Villa/Apartment in the category reserved from the date of arrival or, if the Client has not made a reservation and hires the accommodation at the company office, according to the category intended and availability, from 16h00 and, at the latest, from 17h00 of the day of the entry.
- Upon arrival the Client must immediately pay the price charged for the Villa/Apartment, number of nights and additional services.
- On the date of departure the Client must leave the Villa/Apartment vacant and free of all personal belongings and without any damage or loss until 10h00.
- If the Client does not leave the room by 10h00 of the day of departure, a compensation fee corresponding to the price of a one-night stay at the guesthouse will be immediately charged; the client only has the right to use the Villa/Apartment during that period if the company has Villas/Apartments available, if not the client shall have to pay the compensation fee and vacate the room as soon as possible.
- It is expressly forbidden to keep animals in Shantivillas.
- Animals brought into the Villa/Apartment by a Client gives Shantivillas the right to immediately terminate the contract with the Client and obliges the Client to leave without being reimbursed for the money already paid for the availability of the Villa/Apartment during the length of stay contracted and the Client can incur in an indemnity request by Shantivillas.
- Only those people indicated in the accommodation reservation shall have the right to use the Villa/Apartment.
- Clients must treat the Villa/Apartment with care and consideration.
- The Client must treat the other clients of the guesthouse with consideration and respect the rules displayed at the lodging house, which also form part of the accommodation contract.
- Children less than 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult Client at all times during their stay at the guesthouse.
- The Client is strongly recommended not to keep (when out of the guesthouse) any money, jewellery, objects of value or other valuable items in the guesthouse or in vehicles parked.
- Shantivillas provides Clients with a safe, in the master bedroom, in which objects of value may be kept.
- Shantivillas assumes no responsibility in case of theft, loss or deterioration of objects of value such as money, jewellery or other objects of considerable value if such events take place in the guesthouse or inside the vehicles parked at the parking lot.
VI. Access to the hotel room by shantivillas
- Shantivillas and its staff shall have the right to enter the guesthouse, during the Client’s stay, to conduct cleaning, repairs and similar tasks.
VII. Price of the stay and other prices
- The price of the stay to be paid by the Client constitutes the compensation for making available the use of the guesthouse, during the period between arrival and departure.
- The total price of the stay shall be charged per night, regardless of whether the Client actually made use of the Villa/Apartment or spent the night there.
- The applicable rates are the prices agreed or the price indicated on the Shantivillas price list in force at the date of conclusion of the contract. Shantivillas shall have the right to increase or decrease the prices if more than four months’ elapse between the date of reservation by the Client and the date of arrival or if there is any tax, visitors’ contributions or other charges that have been changed or introduced.
- The rates and amounts indicated according to the terms and the accommodation contract are all plus VAT, unless otherwise indicated.
VIII. Payment conditions
- The price of the stay and prices of additional services must be paid in advance, at the moment when the Client arrives at the guesthouse, regardless of the invoicing date.
- If the duration of the Client’s stay is not specified, the price of the stay and prices of additional services for each night must be paid in advance before 12h00.
- In the case of stays without a specified departure date, failure to pay the price of the stay and additional services according to the terms of the previous paragraph results in the immediate termination of the contract and obliges the Client to immediately vacate the room and deliver it to Shantivillas free of people and personal belongings and in a good condition.
- Rates for additional services, within the meaning of paragraph 1, will be, for example, charges relative to pool heating, extra bed and other charges that are not expressly included in the accommodation contract, but which form part of the total price of the stay.
- Shantivillas accepts payment in Euros and bank transfers. Other means of payment shall only be permitted in exceptional cases, with consent from Shantivillas.
IX. Complaints relative to faulty material
- The Client must inspect the guesthouse immediately upon arrival and report any defects found.
- Any defects that arise during the stay must be communicated as soon as the Client becomes aware of them.
- After confirmation that there is in fact a defect in the Client’s Villa/Apartment, Shantivillas has the right to choose between its reparation and putting the Client up in a guesthouse that is at least of the same category contracted with the Client.
- For the purposes mentioned in the previous paragraph, only serious defects that might call into question Shantivilla’s level of service and quality shall be considered, with Shantivillas not being obliged to take the necessary measures in the case of irrelevant, unreasonable complaints or related to details that do not collide with the minimum level of service contracted.
- If Shantivillas is unable to repair the relevant defect or to substitute the Villa/Apartment of the Client for another of an equivalent or superior category, said Client may terminate the contract and receive the price paid for the Villa/Apartment, not being able to claim anything else from Shantivillas on whatever grounds.
X. Responsibility of Shantivillas
- Shantivillas shall only be responsible for Client damages or losses when such facts result from culpable actions of Shantivillas.
- Shantivillas does not assume any responsibility for the loss of data supplied by the Client in the event of an electronic transmission involving payment data, only being responsible in the case of culpable action.
- Shantivillas does not assume any responsibility for damages or accidents occurred in the guesthouse or any part unless such accidents stem from the culpable actions of Shantivillas.
- Shantivillas shall not be considered responsible before the Client in the case of delay in the availability of the Villa/Apartment provided there is a valid reason for the delay in the timely availability of the same.
- For the purposes mentioned in the previous paragraph, the following shall be considered as valid reasons that make the availability of the room impossible or more difficult, namely: strikes, blockages, natural disasters, accidents in the room or hotel.
- In the case of delay in providing a room after 19h00 on the reservation day, the Client may freely terminate the contract without Shantivillas being liable (on whatever grounds) to pay any compensation.
- Shantivillas does not assume any responsibility for the acts of any employee of the company, unless such acts take place within the normal working hours of the duly identified and uniformed employee.
- Shantivillas does not assume any responsibility and cannot, in any case, be held liable for noncompliance of accessory obligations.
- Shantivillas cannot, in any case, be held responsible for any act or omission of any other Client, even if said act or omission may cause damages or losses to any other Client. Any damage caused to third parties by Clients of the guesthouse is the sole responsibility of said Clients and shall not imply any liability to Shantivillas.
- Shantivillas does not assume any responsibility before the Client for any loss of profits or indirect damages even if arising from noncompliance with the main obligation.
XI. Notification requirement
- In the event of theft or damage to property, or in the event of fire, damages caused by water or other damages to the guesthouse, the Client shall immediately inform the employees and do everything possible to help in solving the theft or repairing the damages.
XII. Termination of the accommodation contract
- Shantivillas has the right to terminate the accommodation contract if the Client fails to pay the amount due in full and on time or does not provide the required guarantee.
- The Client may notify the termination of the accommodation contract at any time during his stay until 19h00, with effect from 12h00 of the following day.
- Any of the contracting parties may terminate the accommodation contract for serious reasons.
- Shantivillas has the right to immediately terminate the accommodation contract for serious reasons if the Client has any behavior that affects good relationships, tranquility or hygiene within the guesthouse, namely if during his stay at the guesthouse the Client is under the influence of drugs or alcohol, uses the room to engage in prostitution, offends the guesthouse employees or any other clients, disturbs the peace of any other clients, or, has in the past made false (malicious) reservations and/or damaged or destroyed the guesthouse and its premises.
XIII. Data protection
- The client is informed that his personal data will be stored and processed by Shantivillas and made available to Shantivillas member companies and some selected service providers, in accordance with the law, for the performance of the contract, for services involving the Client and its own advertisement campaigns.
- The Client gives Shantivillas the right to use member companies and some selected service providers to process data and to transmit these personal data, under this section, to companies that store and process data.
- The Client has the right to object, at any moment, to the use of his personal data for advertisement purposes by notifying Shantivillas of its intentions in writing.
- Except where legislation so provides, the personal data of the Client shall be excluded when the accommodation contract ends, and the legal retention periods have expired.
- For full details of the data protection policy, please contact Shantivillas, Estrada Nacional 125 n. º 29 A, 8100-069 Boliqueime– Portugal.
XIV. General provisions
- The Terms and Conditions govern the Client’s stay at the guesthouse and his use of the area.
- No verbal agreement shall be made during the accommodation contract and any changes to the contract established by the parties shall necessarily be made in writing and signed by both parties, except in case of a unilateral declaration, which shall consist of a written document signed by the issuer.
- Shantivillas shall have the right to employ third parties to comply with its obligations within the scope of the accommodation contract.
- If part of this contract is declared null and void, this does not affect the validity of the remaining clauses. The invalid provision will be replaced by a valid one, as comes closest to the commercial and legal intentions of the parties or in case that is not possible, by the existing Portuguese legislation.
XV. Special conditions regarding trade fairs and special events
- Shantivillas shall inform the Client about the dates of trade fairs and special events at any time of the request and in any case, by the reservation date or upon arrival at the latest. The following information applies to dates of trade fairs and special events, regardless, or in addition to the previous provisions.
How we manage your data
Who are we?
Intellectual property rights
The contents of the website, including but not limited to images, texts, software, photographs, sound, music, videos, interactive resources and the like (“Content”), trademarks and logos (“Brands”), or any other industrial or intellectual property rights contained herein are the property of ShantiVillas, and its use by unauthorized third parties is expressly prohibited.
The content of the website is provided for information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, disclosed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purpose without the prior written consent of its owners. Users declare that they shall not use, disable, or interfere with resources relating to the security of the Website and the Application.
Users may, however, print material contained in this website, provided that they do not change it, either for personal and non-commercial use, and indicate the source and copyright, and provided that any other indication of property is not removed.
Nothing on this website shall be construed as granting its users any type of license or other usage authorization.
The website may contain images or other material whose copyright belongs to third parties, such as suppliers or other entities that contribute to its creation or maintenance (such as image bank photos).
Content and guarantees
On the website you can find links to other websites that are unrelated to ShantiVillas. The provision of such links is made in good faith, and ShantiVillas cannot be held responsible for the collection and processing of personal data made on these websites, nor be held responsible for the accuracy, credibility and functionality of third-party websites.
What is personal data?
Who is responsible for processing the data?
The data protection officer
If you have questions regarding Data Protection and this Policy, you can contact the designated DPO via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
In the scope of its activity, ShantiVillas collects and processes the personal data necessary for the provision of services and/or the supply of products, including data such as name, address, date of birth, gender, email address, academic qualifications, tax identification number, among other data. This information may be requested when registering or filling in contact forms on our websites, either as an employee, job seeker, trainee, trainer, supplier, visitor, partner, among others, or when receiving or sending electronic mail, or for services that require registration or subscription. All personal information relating to all these stakeholders and others that use the ShantiVillas websites will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Law.
When and how do we collect your data?
How long do we keep your personal information?
How can you access, rectify or oppose the processing of your personal data?
How do we keep your data safe?
How can you object to receiving contacts for marketing purposes?
What measures have been taken by shantivillas to ensure the security of your personal data?
What information we store
What are cookies?
What are cookies for?
What type of cookies do we use?
There are two groups of cookies that can be used:
- Permanent cookies: These are cookies that are stored in the browser in your access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you visit one of our websites more than once. They are generally used to direct the browsing to the user’s interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze patterns of web traffic, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies
They allow you to browse the website and use its applications as well as to access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided.
- Analytical Cookies
These are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality Cookies
They store user preferences for site usage so that you do not need to reconfigure the site each time you visit it.
- Third Party Cookies
They measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
- Advertising Cookies
They direct advertising according to the interests of each user so as to direct advertising campaigns, taking into account the tastes of users, and they also limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the website organization.
How can you manage cookies?
What happens when cookies are disabled?
The cookies used on this web site
First Party Cookies
Provider / Cookies / Duration / Type / Purpose
- www.shantivillas-algarve.com / PHPSESSID / Until the end of the session / Session / This cookie is used by PHP to allow session variables to be saved on the web server. This cookie is essential for the operation of the website.
- www.shantivillas-algarve.com / dmdb_lang / One year / Permanent / Identify the language used on the website during browsing.
Third Party Cookies
Provider / Cookies / Duration / Type / Purpose
- Google / _gid / 24 hours / Permanent / It is part of Google Analytics. It is used to differentiate users
- Google / _ga / Two years / Permanent / It is part of Google Analytics. It is used to differentiate users
- Google / _gat / 10 minutes / Permanent / It is part of Google Analytics. It is used to limit the percentage of requests
Additional guarantees and withdrawal of acceptance
More information on cookies
More information about cookies can be found on this link: www.allaboutcookies.org
We reserve the right to change this Legal Information from time to time, and at our sole discretion. Users of this web page should make note of the “last updated date” at the beginning of this page and with that information be able to identify if the Legal Information have been updated recently.